Today, wedding programs are becoming more and more popular. It's a good way of keeping everyone who attends the ceremony involved. It helps identify and honor those participating in you big event, while allowing the guests the opportunity to follow what is actually happening. For others, it simply serves as a sentimental keepsake. Althought a wedding program isn't a required element of a wedding, it does add a personal touch.
A wedding program can be one page or multiple pages. You have the option of using a heavier card stock and of course, what to include in your wedding program is completely up to you. Here are a few suggestions:
1. Bride and Groom Names, Wedding Date, Time and Ceremony Location.
2. Identify the officiant or person performing your ceremony.
3. Identify the members of the wedding party.
4. Outline the wedding ceremony and order of events
5. Include the titles of music played and any special readings(and who will read them). If you choose to, you may also include the names of any soloists, musicians and anyone else who you think deserves special recognition.
6. On the other hand, you may choose to make it easier on yourself and outline the music that is to be played during the prelude, attendant's processional, bride's processional, ceremony and recessional.
Some other special itmes of recognition you may choose to include are:
1. A remembrance of special people who have passed a way:
Example: We lovingly remember: (then you would list names)
2. A special thanks-to parents(s), or anyone special.
Example: We would like to thank out family and friends who share out lives and are here with us to share our wedding day. We feel especially blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people. A very special thanks to our parents for their love and suppoort throughtout the years and for helping to create this beautiful and special occasion.
3. A loving note from the bride and groom or the groom to the bride
3. Special Poems or Readings
4. Special religious or ethnic traditions that the bride and groom with to include in their ceremony (such as in a Jewish Wedding, the breaking of the glass)
This is just a few suggestions of what you can add to your wedding program.